Mchadi – maize bread2019-10-05
- Cuisine: American, Georgian
- Course: Appetizer, Main
- Skill Level: Child Friendly, Easy
- Add to favorites
- Yield : 10-12 pieces
- Servings : 5-6 persons
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
- Maize flour - 400 g
- Salt - 1 tbsp
- Hot water - 100-150 ml
1. Take a bowl and mix maize flour and salt in it.
2. Pour hot water slowly in it and toss well for making a softly thick dough.
3. Take into account that dough must be softly thick and not thick and dry.
4. Heat the pan on a medium fire and pour some oil in it.
5. Make small balls, lightly roll it in your hands.
6. Put the maize buns one by one in the pan and fry from both sides (up 1 minute for each side).
7. You can also bake them in clay pots, where you put in maple leaf and then put the bread to bake either in an ordinary oven or wood oven.